APAC-Mississippi recognizes its responsibility to protect and maintain the quality of the environment. Accordingly, it is APAC-Mississippi’s policy to conduct its business by complying, at a minimum, with all applicable environmental legislation and to continually improve its environmental stewardship towards industry best practice. APAC’s Environmental Policy is based on its commitment to:
- Comply fully with the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws and regulations
- Cooperate with local, state and federal agencies charged with the enforcement of environmental laws and regulations
- Implement educational, self-monitoring and reporting programs to commit the personnel and financial resources necessary to ensure environmental compliance
- Ensure that our employees understand and respect their environmental responsibilities
- Be good neighbors in the communities in which we operate
The asphalt industry reuses and recycles nearly 100 million tons of its own product every year, making it America’s number one recycler. Reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) actually reduces the amount of new asphalt cement and aggregates needed for constructing new roadways. Other materials – including rubber from used tires, glass and asphalt roofing shingles – are recycled into asphalt pavements.